Thursday, January 28, 2010

Panasonic DMC-LX3


I don't usually pay too much attention at point-and-shoot cameras nor DSLR cameras but this one truly deserves an exception. A close friend of mine bought one the other day and while listening to his excited tone as he describe how lucky he was to have found one of the last remaining few stocks before this thing gets phased out, I checked it out myself and was simply blown away. This thing has several outstanding features that can turn a non-believer like me into a photography wannabe just minutes after seeing what this baby can do. Did I mention that it was made in Japan? The last time I saw an electronic gadget that was not made in china or taiwan was 10 years ago!

Some Super Cool Features I Found :

1. Vivid pics even at really low-light conditions.
2. Ability to shoot HD movies! (720p HD movie mode now at 30fps)
3. Faster continuous shooting! (2.5fps for 8 frames, cf. 2fps for 5 frames)

Specifications :
  • 24mm wide 2.5x optical LEICA DC lens
  • F2.0-2.8 maximum aperture range
  • MEGA O.I.S.(Optical Image Stabilizer)
  • Venus Engine IV
  • Joystick-operated manual control
  • Large 3.0” 460k dot LCD monitor
  • Raw and JPEG recording modes
  • Up to ISO 3200 sensitivity
  • Up to 1280x720 (30 fps) pixel movie capture
  • Manual exposure and focus options
  • 1/2000th to 60 sec shutter speeds
  • Available in black or silver
  • SRP : Approx. $500
  • Overall Evaluation : Bang for the buck camera from casual shooting to espionage/stakeout missions!